LENNY BRUCE


LENNY BRUCE


A PIONEER OF TODAY'S COMEDY


I won't say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like: What I'm going to be if I grow up.

If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.

The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them.

The only honest art form is laughter, comedy. You can't fake it... try to fake three laughs in an hour - ha ha ha ha ha - they'll take you away, man. You can't.

The only truly anonymous donor is the guy who knocks up your daughter.

When you're eight years old nothing is your business.

You can't put tits and ass on the marquee!...Why not?...Because it's dirty and vulgar, that's why not!... Titties are dirty and vulgar?...Okay, we'll compromise. How about Latin? Gluteus maximus, pectoralis majors nightly...That's alright, that's clean, class with ass, I'll buy it...Clean to you, schmuck, but dirty to the Latins!

If you're going to stop masturbating, you can't "taper off." You've got to quit, cold jerky!

"Sex" and "obscenity" are not synonymous.

If something about the human body disgusts you, I mean if God created the Body and the Body is dirty, then the fault lies with the Manufacturer.

I'm sorry if I wasn't very funny tonight. Sometimes I'm not. I'm not a comedian. I'm Lenny Bruce.

Lenny Bruce



0 comments: